Businesses can reap high returns on investment for supporting child care. Research shows that not only will employees be more productive and loyal, but that today’s employees look for child care and other work-life benefits when selecting their employer of choice. Thus, recruitment, retention, and productivity all increase when employers support child care.
And remember... today's children are tomorrow's workforce!
- Increased and stable productivity
- Decreased absenteeism and tardiness
- Decreased employee turnover
- More relaxed workplace atmosphere
- Enhanced company image and opportunities for new recruitment
Employers of all sizes can develop or adopt child care policies; there are solutions for every size and type of business.
- Provide employees with information on evaluating child care
- Provide employees with referrals for quality child care
- Conduct seminars on balancing work and family commitments
- Develop an on or near-site child care facility
- Local employer partnerships: work with other employers in a consortium model, so all employers can maximize their investments
- Provide employees with vouchers for local quality child care centers or family chid care providers